A date night discussion guide
Husbands and wives verbally build each other up.
- Schedule a dinner or coffee date.
- Each spouse should spend a few minutes completing and writing down their own responses to the “Did You Know” statements on the reverse side.
During the Date
Take turns reading your answers to the statements aloud.
Did You Know
- A character quality I admire in you is. . .(i.e., patience, diligence, sincerity, kindness, honesty, humility)
- I appreciate the simple ways you serve me by. . .(i.e., sacrificing hobbies, helping with the children, making coffee in the morning, working to provide, managing the household)
- Something I love about you is. . .(i.e., how you play with the children, your thoughtfulness, your sense of humor, how you care for others, your passion for life)
- One way I’ve seen you grow closer to God is. . .(i.e., your self-discipline, your compassion for the poor, how you pray, taking us to church, desire to read the Bible, your selflessness)
- I feel most refreshed by you when. . . (i.e., you rub my shoulders, we go shopping together, we kiss, you wink at me)
- Optional: Come up with your own “Did you know” comments. . .
Read these verses together and discuss the blessings of obedience. . .
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 –“Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up.” (Refreshing words will build up my spouse.)
- Proverbs 11:25 – “. . . he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.” (Refreshing my spouse refreshes me.)
- Hebrews 3:13 – “But encourage one another daily . . . so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.” (Intentionally refreshing my spouse keeps our hearts soft.)
© 2011 Inkling Innovations and Chris Sherrod