As a date night discussion guide
Husbands and wives will discuss how to fight together for a strong marriage.
Schedule a dinner or coffee date.
During the Date
Discuss any or all of the items on the reverse side.
- If you could have lived in another time period and watched or joined in one epic battle, what would it be?
- Ephesians 6:12 says that “our struggle is not against flesh and blood,” but against unseen spiritual forces of evil. So in truth you are in an epic battle. In what ways does Satan attack your marriage?
- As a fun reminder, look at your spouse and say, “You are my partner, not my enemy!”
- Since you are on the same team, discuss together which of the following is most likely to create “division in the ranks” in your marriage. Why?
□ Disagreement over how to discipline (name of child)
□ Who apologizes first after an argument
□ When and how we enjoy physical intimacy
□ How to spend or save our money
□ Other: _________________________________
- Before battle in the movie Gladiator, the General reminds his men: “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” How can you apply this to the fight for your marriage?
- What are two issues you most need to fight for as a couple right now?
Date nights Prayer together Family devotions Church involvement
Bible reading Forgiveness Healthy Intimacy Communication
- Hold hands and pray for each other about these things.
- Identify one thing you can cut from your schedule in order to use the time to nurture your marriage and family relationships. ______________________
© 2011 Inkling Innovations and Chris Sherrod