New Marriage Connections
To foster a year of greater intimacy by finding new ways to enjoy life together
• Schedule a date night or anniversary celebration
• Come prepared to dream big for your marriage
• Follow the process found on the backside of this card
Time of Celebration
Whether you are celebrating a wedding anniversary or just want to become more intentional about fostering intimacy, take time to dream up one new thing to do together for each year you have been married. For example: If you are celebrating your eighth anniversary, plan eight new dreams or things that you want to do together during the coming year. Plan them out on the calendar to make it happen!
1. Dream Storm: Make a list of dreams or activities that you would both like to do together. Some items may be something you both want to do and some might be sharing activities that you know your spouse wants to do. For example, if you know that your spouse would love to take a cooking class, find a cooking class that you can both attend together and enjoy. Make sure your list includes some good free options and ideas that are not too difficult to pull off. Aim for fun, realistic ideas.
2. Prioritize: Once you have a good list of ideas, narrow them down to your top eight or whatever number of years your anniversary is celebrating.
3. Make It Happen: As part of the date, go ahead and start the research and calendar out when you will go do these activities together. This might be as simple as calendaring one activity a month and deciding on details later. As part of your planning, identify some necessary steps toward making each happen.
4. Optional Extra Credit: Get a journal or scrapbook that you can use to save ticket stubs, pictures and special memorabilia from all of your times together. Celebrate your next anniversary or date night after you have completed all of your dreams by going through your journal/scrapbook and thanking the Lord for all of His blessings in your relationship.
© 2009 Inkling Innovations & Lydia Randall