Equipped to Help Others
A POSITIVE INFLUENCE
The Prestonwood Foundation recognizes the many organizations that are equipped with qualities and talents to help people, and we seek to assist those groups by providing operating income through Endowments. Endowments are permanent funds used to equip the future charitable works with financial resources.
Contributions to Endowments become part of a permanent fund that generates support to a designated cause. The original gift to an Endowment (the corpus), stays in the Endowment fund for perpetuity, and the interest and dividends generated are used to support designated charitable causes. Even though Endowments generate funds to give away money each year, their total assets may also grow through prudent investment strategies, especially in favorable economic climates.
PowerPoint Ministries Endowment
PowerPoint Ministries is spreading the Gospel message though the preaching of Dr. Jack Graham beyond the walls of Prestonwood in more than 78 countries including the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Iraq, Israel and more via television, radio and the Internet
Church Intern Program
Seminary Students Intern Endowment
- Developing the next generation of church leaders
- The cost of a single intern for one year is $19,000.
Sondra Saunders Children's Ministry Endowment
- More than 5,300 children pass through the halls of PBC on a weekly basis.
- In 2012, Vacation Bible School attracted more than 6,900 children.
PCA Sponsor-A-Child Endowment
- Prestonwood Christian Academy has the vision that every student, regardless of a family's socioeconomic situation, should have access to a Kingdom Education.
- Currently, almost one-third of all students receive tuition assistance grants totaling more than $2 million annually. The average grant approaches $6,000 per student; the average cost per student to attend Prestonwood Christian Academy is $13,500.
College, Graduate and Postgraduate Scholarships
Graham Family Endowment
- This endowment honors Dr. Jack and Deb Graham for their faithful service to our church body.
- Scholarships to students who have displayed strong Christian leadership and faithfulness
Student Summer Camp Scholarships
Generation Now Endowment
- Need-based scholarships to students attending Prestonwood summer camps
- Average cost for a student to attend one of our camps ranges from $170 to $450.
Prestonwood Sports Organization Endowment
- The mission of PSO is to use sports to reach children and families for Christ.
- On an annual basis, about 6,200 children are involved in at least one of our sports leagues or camps.
Sanctity of Life
Prestonwood Pregnancy Center Endowment
- Prestonwood Pregnancy Center provides clinical services, support programs and pregnancy education to the community in a loving and caring environment where the Gospel is shared
- 100 percent of the annual operational budget ($532,000) for the Center and Sonogram Mobile Unit is through the generous support of donors.
Global & Local Missions Endowment
In accordance with Matthew 28:19–20, the Missions Ministry at Prestonwood responds to the three pillars of the Great Commission:
- Evangelism (a passion for the lost)
- Discipleship (spiritual multiplication)
- Reaching out to the poor
"As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life."
—1 Timothy 6:17-19