Sports and Fitness Center
The Prestonwood Sports & Fitness Center (SFC) opened on April 1, 2000, on the Plano Campus and offers children’s and adult sports programs and leagues. The indoor facilities include three basketball courts, a weight room, cardio room, aerobics room and an indoor walking/jogging track. The primary purpose of the Sport & Fitness Center is to fulfill the Prestonwood Sports Organization (PSO) mission:
The mission of our sports outreach ministry is to glorify God by introducing Jesus Christ to as many people as possible, using the vehicle of sports and fitness in order to reach out to those around us with the message of salvation in Jesus Christ.
SFC membership is open to anyone in the community, regardless of church affiliation. SFC memberships are available for purchase at the SFC Front Desk for Prestonwood members, as well as non-members. Guest passes are also available for a fee.
Outdoor facilities currently include two sand volleyball courts, and football, softball and soccer fields.
Hours of Operation
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 6:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
To use the facilities in the Sports & Fitness Center (SFC), you must be a member of Prestonwood Sports Organization (PSO). Members must scan their member card to check in at the SFC Front Desk before using the facilities. Membership requirements are as follows:
Prestonwood Baptist Church Member
- First-Year Fee = $200 + $25 per additional family member
- Annual Renewal Fee = $25 individual / $50 family
- Senior Fee = $100 first year + $25 annual renewal fee per individual or couple 65 years old or older
- Beginning Jan. 1, 2016, all current PBC $5 membership holders will be required to pay an annual renewal rate of either $25 for an individual membership or $50 for a family membership.
- Annual Fee = $200 + $60 per additional family member
- Annual Senior Fee = $100 for an individual or couple 65 years old or older
* Children and students 11 years old and under are free with a PARENT who is a current PSO member.
* Member/scan card replacement is $25.
Non-PSO Member Fees
If you do not join PSO as described above but would like to use the facility, join a class or work out with one of our personal trainers, you will be subject to the fees below. These fees do not apply to our sports leagues.
- Non-Member Walk-In Fee = $10 per visit (use of the SFC facilities for that day only)
- Annual Class/Trainer Fee = $60 (to join a fitness class or work out with a personal trainer; this fee allows the member to use the facility only during the specific class or scheduled time with an approved SFC personal trainer)
- On the first Thursday of each month, we waive the walk-in fee so that members can invite guests to try our facility. Guest must be accompanied by a member.
Cardio & Weight Room
The weight room is equipped with the latest free-weight and Cybex equipment, while the cardio room has cross-training machines, treadmills, elliptical trainers and StairMasters. Contact the front desk for more information.
The weight and cardio rooms are open to PSO members who are 17 years of age and older. Those who are 14–16 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
Christian Outdoor Alliance
The Christian Outdoor Alliance (COA) is a ministry established to share the Gospel through outdoor education. COA provides opportunities for hunting, fishing, camping and other exciting outdoor activities throughout the year for sportsmen, and also facilitates a summer camp for boys and girls.