Guidelines for Delivery and Special Situations
- Be at peace when you make your visit. Please know that we are praying that the Holy Spirit would go ahead of you when you visit. Be sure to pray for the individual or family you will be ministering to throughout the process.
•Call ahead to schedule a date and time that works best for you and the family.
•Given busy schedules, evenings or weekends will likely be most convenient.
•Upon arriving, be sure to offer to carry the heavy box inside for the family so that you have an opportunity to visit and pray with them. God willing, you will be able to share the Gospel.
- Never go alone. There should be at least two people making the visit. If two women are paired up and the area where the home is located feels unsafe, please do not continue with the initial visit. Let us know so that we can assign a different family to you.
- There should not be an instance of two women assigned to a man or two men assigned to a woman. If this is the case, it is an error on our part. Please notify us immediately and do not make the visit. We will assign a different family for you.
- We have done our due diligence in selecting and assigning families to you, our “suburban missionaries.” But if for some reason the family has recently moved or if any of the information is incorrect, you will be assigned a new family.
- If you are able, it would be a nice gesture to provide perishable items such as milk, bread, fruits or vegetables to supplement your box. However, we recommend that you spend no more than $20.
- It is possible that the person you are visiting will ask for more food or for financial help. Please do not promise to provide such help. It is best to respond by saying: “This is all I have for you at this time. I will pray about your additional need.”
- If your first visit goes well, there will be three more opportunities to deliver Food Paks to your assigned family. Those additional Food Paks will be available for pickup in the City Missions Office. After this, the family can visit the food pantry in the City Missions Building (northwest side of our property) twice in a 12-month period.
- Each time you visit your assigned family, please call the City Missions Office (972-820-5421) to report your visit.
For volunteer training resources click here.