Prestonwood kids and preteens are committed to “hiding God’s Word in their hearts” in our weekly AWANA clubs. AWANA meets during the school year on Wednesday nights at both campuses from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Registration for the 2018-2019 AWANA year will close on March 1, 2019. Register today! We still have openings in each of the different age groups from 2 years (by Sept 1, 2018) through Grade 6.
- Please select the campus you plan to attend in the fall and proceed with the registration process.
- Once your registration has been received, you will be sent an e-mail explaining how to complete your Volunteer Screening form on a secure website.
- As an AWANA parent, you will be assigned to your child’s classroom. Please understand that parents are required to serve at least once a month in a classroom.
- Our Parent Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set up a volunteer schedule that works for you. We appreciate your willingness to partner with us in this program.
If you would be interested in making an investment in our ministry and serving as a weekly leader helping children memorize God’s Word, we have just the right place for you!
Register - Plano Campus (2018-2019)
Register - North Campus (2018-2019)
For questions, please call Whitney Applegate at 972-820-5457 (Plano) or Natalie Venzor at 972-798-6747 (North).
AWANA is a global ministry committed to the belief that the greatest impact for Christ starts with kids who know, love, and serve Him. This year, Prestonwood is celebrating its 25th year of partnering with this ministry! AWANA stands for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” which comes from 2 Timothy 2:15, our key verse.
In our AWANA program, kids and preteens will participate in a variety of age-appropriate activities every Wednesday night.
- Experience high-energy and fast-paced games in Game Time
- Develop awesome relationships with friends and classroom leaders
- Memorize amazing Scripture through handbook completion
- Hear exciting Bible teaching and develop an awareness of mission projects in Council Time
- Grow more confident in the ability to share faith in Christ
AWANA is designed to be a partnership between the church and the home. Parent involvement is crucial for the success of both the program and the child. We require parents to serve at least once a month in their child’s classroom. Did you know that a person’s moral foundation is largely set by age 9? Your support and participation will help AWANA foster a deep commitment to Christ and a genuine love for God’s Word at an early age.