Saturday, April 18
9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
6801 W. Park Blvd., Plano, TX 75093
Are you searching for answers on how to be an effective caregiver? Do you have a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia? Are you caring for a special-needs child or adult? Are you looking for tips about managing the financial and legal aspects of caregiving? Are you feeling exhausted and in need of understanding how to manage the stress you are experiencing? Join us at the Hope for the Caregiver Conference, and choose from more than 20 breakout sessions and visit with local vendors who can assist you in caring for your loved ones.
Breakout topics include:
- Grace for the Unexpected Journey
- Caring for a Person with Alzheimer's/Dementia
- Healthy Living for your Brain and Body
- Research Update on Alzheimer's and Knowing the Ten Signs
- Effective Communication with a Person with Dementia
- Planning Respite Care for Your Loved Ones
- Top Questions to Ask When Touring a Senior Living Option
- Senior Living Options: Top 5 Things to Consider
- Caregiver Stress? Caregiving Resources!
- Essential Planning for Long Term Care Needs
- Medicare Planning: Successfully Navigating the Rapids
- Compassion Fatigue: Managing Caregiver Stress
- Self-care for the Caregiver
- Special Needs Planning and Trusts
- Special Needs: Caring for Loved Ones Under Unique Circumstances
- Government Benefits for the Elderly, Disabled, and their Families
- Hope & Planning for the Future: Discovering the Giftedness of the Individual
Check back soon for more details.
Cost: $10 per family (includes lunch and refreshments)
Special-needs childcare available (indicate at registration)
For questions, please call 972-820-5325.